How to Eat Smart for School
Posted December 16, 2011on:
- In: Uncategorized
- Comments Off
• Keep you alert for longer periods of time.
• Keep your mind sharp, attentive and able to better process information.
• Help prevent you from getting sick and missing classes.
The rules for eating smart are pretty simple:
• Plan for three meals per day: breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• For breakfast, focus on grains (such as cereals) and proteins (such as eggs).
• Avoid high fat/high carb breakfast foods like doughnuts and pastries.
• Eat well-balanced lunches, again with a focus on protein.
• Vary your dinner menu. Include fish and chicken, as well as lots of fruits and vegetables.
• To keep your brain working throughout the day, snack on healthy items like nuts, yogurt and fruit.
Limit candy and other sugary snacks. Also limit sugary drinks. Focus on water and non-sweetened fruit drinks.
Make healthy nutrition a part of your own career and personal development plan. Your brain will thank you for it.