Have Fun and Save Money This Summer
Posted June 29, 2012on:
While amusement parks and other outings may be tempting, they can be expensive. Here are some easy things to do that won’t break the bank.
- Go to the park. Parks are a wonderful resource and kids love them. Bring a picnic and make an afternoon of it.
- Outdoor theater. Look for outdoor theater and movie events in your area. Many are free and can be a blast for families.
- Your local library. Don’t forget that your library will typically have summer reading events, movies and other things built just for kids.
- Museum free-admission day. Many museums offer a free-admission day. Check your local museums.
- Make a movie night at home. Pop your own popcorn, make some yummy snacks and settle in for a family-friendly flick. Kids love the special time, and it’s practically free!
Summer fun doesn’t have to be expensive. Like they say, the best things in life are free.