Tips for Job Hunters
Posted January 30, 2013on:
Finding a job today takes much more than just looking through the want ads. But the good news is that you also have more tools to help you. Here are a few tips to help you find your next job.
- Make the time. Don’t make looking for a job your lowest priority. Instead, set aside time every day to work on your résuméresume, check listings, send emails or call potential employers.
- Complete an online profile. Sites like LinkedIn are popular with employers and can help you look like the real deal.
- Reach out to people. Tell everyone you know that you’re looking and what you’re looking for.
- Stay up on your industry. Read articles, attend events and get involved. Show prospective employers that you’re serious about your field.
- Search everywhere. Don’t limit your search to just one place. Check online job boards, company websites and even the newspaper.
- Be persistent (but not a pest). Follow up with potential employers and let them know you’re interested. But don’t be a pest about it. That can ruin your chances.
Stick with it and stay focused. The right job is out there waiting for you.