Posts Tagged ‘everest’
The Brookings Institute recently performed a study to find a link between education and unemployment. And they found one. According to their report, cities where more people have a higher education also have more job opportunities.* The reverse was also true; cities with less higher education turned out to have fewer job opportunities.
So what does that mean to you? Education can be the key to a better career and more opportunities. And at Everest, you can pursue a degree in popular fields such as accounting, business, computer information science, criminal justice and paralegal. These are career-focused programs designed to prepare you for jobs in the 21st century economy. Classes are small, instructors are industry professionals and learning is hands on, so you get experience practicing the skills you learn. After graduation, you can get job placement support from Everest’s Career Services professionals.
*Source: Brookings Institute, “Education, Job Openings, and Unemployment in Metropolitan America”
View disclosures here.
- In: continuing education | Everest | Everest Continuing Education | everest university | Online | online business and legal certificate training | online health care certificate training | online industrial certification training | online insurance training | online IT certifications | online real estate training | online training
- Leave a Comment
You may know that an education through Everest is the perfect starting point for moving your life forward and landing your first job. But with today’s changing job market, many people are considering continuing education and online training as a means of getting an edge in their current job or even moving ahead.
Continuing education courses provide a way to stay on top of changes and emerging trends in many career fields. For some careers, continuing education credits are a requirement for maintaining certifications or licenses.
Continuing education can be the next step in your journey that opens the window to a whole new world of exciting career opportunities. And now, Everest is excited to offer online continuing education courses in a variety of fields!
With Everest’s online IT certification courses, you get the knowledge and skills needed to get your IT career moving in the right direction. Employers will know you have the ability to support their business with the proper industry-required certifications.
If your goal is in the business world, get the professional edge to set yourself apart from the crowd and advance your career with skills that many employers value.
With the right training, experience and skills, you can advance your career in the health care industry and perform the vital support functions that medical facilities and doctors’ offices depend on.
If your goal is working in a hands-on industry where quality and safety, then an online industrial certification can help you stand out when it comes time to make a career change.
Online insurance training can be a good career fit if you enjoy serving the community. Pass your insurance license exam with confidence and move to the next level of success.
For many, buying a home is an important investment. You can set your sights on success and help others in the home-buying process with training that prepares you for real estate licensing.
Everest Continuing Education can be your key to continued success. Want more information? Call us at 855-806-9716.
Being able to communicate can be a valuable key to a successful future career — and to making the most of your education. Communicating your needs to peers, teachers and other support staff can be the difference between wondering and knowing, or between frustration and actually getting the support and answers you need.
When you are able to communicate with those around you, you can help yourself:
- Articulate and understand a problem
- Figure out a course of action
- Build the supportive relationships you need to succeed
At Everest, we know that it’s difficult sometime for students to communicate what’s on their mind, especially when it comes to revealing a challenge you might be having in the classroom or in your life. But don’t feel alone! We just want you to know we’re here to help in every way we can and learning how to communicate effectively can be a first step in creating the successful career you dream about.
Medical insurance billing is a valued profession in the health care field, but isn’t always understood. Here’s a quick look at what the job entails.
A medical insurance biller and coder’s job includes:
- Recording patient data — birth date, insurance information, medical reason for appointment(s)
- “Coding” a patient’s diagnosis — there’s a code for nearly every illness or ailment that all insurance companies use
- Verifying insurance — making sure the patient’s insurance is current and covers their appointment
- Keeping track of patient accounts — has the insurance company paid? Does the patient need to pay part of it?
This job is a good fit for people who are detail-oriented and like working with a clear process. To learn more about our Medical Insurance Billing and Coding program and the benefits of an Everest education, visit Everest.
We know you’re looking for answers. In your first meeting with us, we’ll listen! Tell us about any past challenges or concerns you’ve had in school. We can talk about what qualities you have. Are you detail oriented or good with your hands? These skills can often translate into a career.
We also want to know about your hopes for the future. An admissions representative can help you choose a program that’s a match for your qualities and the field you’d like to find a career in.
While you’re there, the representative can introduce you to a student finance planner that can answer questions you have about financial aid (available for those who qualify). We’ll also share some success stories of students just like you who chose to attend Everest.
Being a dental assistant is a great career choice for many people. Often, the hours are flexible, working conditions excellent, and market demand strong.*
If you are considering a career as a dental assistant, you may be wondering: Exactly what do dental assistants do? In general, dental assistants either work directly with dentists who treat patients, work in dental laboratories, or support office operations.
Some dental assistants may work in multiple areas. Below is a list of some common dental assistant duties.
Working with Patients
- Sterilize and lay out dental instruments
- Take and process X-rays
- Remove sutures
- Apply anesthetics and anti-cavity agents to teeth
Managing the Office
- Answer phones and set appointments
- Greet patients and process client info
- Manage patient files
- Process payments and issue invoices
- Make plaster casts
- Clean and polish mouth guards, dentures and other removable appliances
- Performing orthodontic measurements
Training for a dental assistant career at Everest can often be completed in under a year. Contact us to learn more about our Dental Assistant career training programs.
*U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos163.htm)
Once you complete your Dental Assistant education and start looking for a job, what will interviewers expect from you? Here are some key points to remember:
- Punctuality. First of all, show up to your interview on time. Make your first impression one of dependability.
- Appearance. Your second impression should be one of professionalism. Your hair should be cut and styled. Wear clean, pressed clothes. If you’re a woman, keep makeup and jewelry to a minimum. Try to cover up tattoos, if you have them.
- Knowledge/Experience. This is where your Everest education can help you. Discuss not only what you’ve learned in class, but what you’ve actually done in the lab. Convince them you have the skills to do the job.
- Confidence. Again, this is where your Everest education helps. Your education and training can provide you with the self-confidence interviewers are looking for.
Getting an education is an important first step in achieving your goals. Finding a job upon graduation is equally important–a job quite often lays the groundwork for success. Everest gives you the know-how and tools to develop skills that can help make you a better job candidate.
At Everest, we offer a variety of student support services such as:
- Personal coaching on how to manage workplace situations
- Helping you prepare a resume that’s capable of getting positive results
- Rehearsing effective interview techniques
- Teaching you how to dress appropriately for the work environment
But Everest’s support doesn’t just stop after you graduate. We’ll always be there to help update your resume, answer questions, and give advice on job market trends and how to stay competitive throughout your career. Everest offers ongoing career services. Contact us today to find out what the Everest experience is all about.
“The hands-on learning experience” is the top reason many Everest students enjoy going to class every day, according to a recent poll conducted on Everest College’s Facebook Page.
The poll, which ran from August 2-3, asked visitors to choose from three possible reasons they enjoy going to class each day. The results were as follows:
Everest colleges, universities and institutes have long emphasized hands-on learning to support their traditional classroom teachings. We know that students learn best by doing. Even in the classroom, students are encouraged to work in groups and help each other through the educational experience.
*Programs, program lengths and program schedules vary by campus. Campuses vary by state. Everest College, Everest Institute and Everest University are part of the Everest family of schools.
If you’ve responded to one of Everest’s advertisements, you will likely receive a phone call from an Everest representative. This first call is basically a “get acquainted” conversation. We want to find out a bit more about you. We want to give you a chance to find out a bit more about us, too.
Be prepared to talk about your educational background and your field(s) of interest. Let us know if you expect to go to school full-time or part-time while you hold down a full- or part-time job. You’ll likely be invited to tour a campus where you can see an Everest school for yourself, meet the teachers, talk to students and see for yourself if Everest is right for you.
The call is the first step in a process designed to get you into a position where you can make the best possible decision about your education and your future.