Posts Tagged ‘help for moms’
We all know that brothers and sisters like to argue and bicker—some more than others. The good news is that it’s natural, as long as it doesn’t go overboard. But these tips from HealthyChildren.org can help you keep the fights to a minimum.
- Be fair. Don’t take sides; focus on teaching cooperation, not on deciding a winner or loser.
- Don’t compare. Don’t compare your kids to one another. That will only make things worse.
- Set boundaries. Make sure kids know acceptable ways to solve conflict and encourage them to work out their own differences.
- Don’t reward tattling. It’s not constructive and only breeds more resentment.
- Teach lessons, not shame. If a child needs to be punished or reprimanded, do it away from the other kids.
Parenting can be challenging at times. Take a deep breath and know you’re not alone.