Top 5 Interview Tips
Posted August 4, 2011on:
Are you anticipating your first job interview or counting down the days until your next one? Here are a few helpful tips that can help you get in the right frame of mind.
1. Do your research. Study the company’s requirements and match your skills with their needs.
2. Practice interviewing. While there’s no set format that a job interview might follow, you can usually count on being asked questions about your qualifications.
3. Dress right. Make sure your clothes are clean and professional-looking. First impressions are important.
4. Remain calm. Preparing for an interview will help, but take your time when answering questions. Short pauses are fine if you need to gather your thoughts.
5. Ask questions. Have some questions in mind about the company you hope to work for. You’ll learn more about the job, and asking questions let’s your interviewer know you’re interested in the company’s culture.