What Does a Medical Assistant Do?
Posted November 29, 2011on:
- In: Uncategorized
- Comments Off on What Does a Medical Assistant Do?
Want to become a medical assistant? It’s a good choice. America’s health care industry is growing. There’s a strong market for trained medical assistants nationwide. And it’s a fun, challenging field.*
So exactly what does a medical assistant do? As a medical assistant, you may:
- Prepare patients for examinations
- Take vital signs like blood pressure, pulse and temperature
- Draw blood
- Help doctors during examinations
- Take patient histories
- Manage patient files
- Greet patients, make appointments and process insurance claims
If you are friendly, like working with people and enjoy being part of a team, this could be the job for you! Everest graduates and places more medical assistants than any other school in the country.