5 Tips on How to Interview with Confidence
Posted January 25, 2012on:
- In: Interviews
- Comments Off on 5 Tips on How to Interview with Confidence
While no one can guarantee the results of a job interview, your chances of getting the job may increase if you can make a positive impression on the interviewer. Here are five tips on how you can interview with confidence.
1. Don’t worry about interview anxiety. It’s common to be nervous during an interview. Being anxious may even help raise your energy level, which could be a good thing.
2. Have good posture. Whether sitting or standing, make sure your posture shows self-confidence — sit or stand up straight. Practice in front of a mirror.
3. Give a firm handshake. Offer a firm handshake, but not one that’s bone crushing. This is a good thing to practice with friends or family.
4. Make solid eye contact. Good eye contact with the interviewer can be a sign of confidence.
5. Answer questions honestly. If you don’t have an answer to a question, don’t try to fake it. It’s better to say you don’t know or that you’d like to get back to the interviewer with an answer.
Preparing ahead of time may help improve your chances of landing the job you want.