What Does a Surgical Technologist Do?
Posted February 1, 2012on:
- In: Health Care
- Comments Off on What Does a Surgical Technologist Do?
If you’re looking for a job with good growth potential and the chance to work with surgeons, nurses and other health care team members, you can train today for a stable career in surgical technology.* Surgical technologists play an important role for people who must undergo surgery.
Your duties may include:
- During surgical procedures, surgical technicians work with surgeons and surgeon’s assistants to make sure that they have everything they need to perform the operation.
- Technicians pass instruments/ equipment to either the surgeons.
- Surgical technicians may also be responsible for cutting sutures or holding retractors.
Classroom studies help prepare you for success on the job and include surgical technology, clinical rotation, diseases of the human body and more. Your skills can help make the difference in the well-being of patients. It can also be a great health care career niche where you work with other professional team members each day.
* The Surgical Technologist program may vary by campus location. Check with your campus representative for more information.