What does a dental assistant really do anyway?
Posted June 5, 2012on:
A dental assistant helps dentists and hygienists with everything from equipment and X-rays to keeping the patient comfortable. Here are some of the most common day-to-day duties.
- Prepare patients for treatments and procedures
- Prepare dental instruments for procedures, making sure they’re sterile and organized.
- Assist dentists by handing them instruments during procedures.
- Process X-rays and do lab tasks under the direction of a dentist.
- Keep records of dental treatments.
Find out more about dental assistant programs at Everest College.