10 Ways to Reduce Holiday Stress
Posted December 12, 2012on:
While most of us look forward to the holidays, all that fun can come with a price: mental stress and physical tension. Keep these simple tips in mind to make your holidays as joyful as they’re supposed to be.
- Talk to friends and vent. Don’t hold it all in.
- Don’t over-commit. Feel free to say no to parties, or only go for a little while.
- Get enough sleep so you’re more energized.
- Take time to watch your favorite holiday shows and movies. Share you favorites with your kids or a friend.
- Gift yourself something like a pedicure, or to keep it cheap but fun, and do it at home with a friend.
- Share with others by taking cookies to neighbors or volunteering at a food bank.
- Stay organized with lists or a calendar.
- Plan before you shop to avoid impulse purchases.
- Remember old traditions, but be open to new ones.
- Treat yourself to a hot chocolate and a few minutes to sit and enjoy it, away from holiday crowds or sometimes-demanding family.
Keep these “stay sane” tips in mind, and enjoy your holidays!