Stay Safe this Holiday
Posted December 19, 2012on:
The holiday season is known for shopping and crowded parking lots. But it’s also known for something else: thieves. Here are some helpful tips to help you stay safe when you’re out and about.
- Walk with your purse strap across your body. Flap facing toward you.
- Be aware of people around you at the ATM, and hide your PIN when you enter it.
- Don’t carry your keys in your purse. If it’s stolen, the thieves won’t have access to your car and home.
- Beware of strangers approaching you in parking lots. Try to park under lights and near people.
- If possible, use tracking software on electronics such as your cell phone or tablet. These can help police track down stolen items quickly.
- Trust your instincts. If something doesn’t feel right, never be afraid to ask for help.
Stay safe and have a great holiday season!