Get Organized for the New Year
Posted January 7, 2013on:
Staying organized isn’t just about clutter. It can also help you better manage your life, helping you keep track of appointments and feel less stressed. Here are some simple tips to help you get organized.
- Take inventory. Go through your coat closet, desk or dresser and pull out anything you haven’t used or worn in the past year. Then donate it or give it to a friend.
- Get a new calendar. Hang it on the wall or carry it with you and use it to keep track of appointments, kids’ activities, and important dates like birthdays.
- Toss junk mail. Rather than lay the pile of mail on the counter and pull out the important stuff, pull out the bills and things first and put the rest directly into the recycling bin.
- Make a budget. Make a list of everything you spend money on and look for things you can live without. You might be surprised at how little you really need.
- Make a list of goals. Make a list of the things you want to get done and keep it with you. Then check things off as you do them. You’ll not only remember to do things, but you’ll feel good about your accomplishments!
With a little help, you can start 2013 on the right foot!