5 Study Tips for Online Classes
Posted April 29, 2013on:
Just because they’re online, doesn’t mean they’re easy. Studying for online classes takes self-discipline and good habits. Here are five great study tips to help you be successful in online courses.
- Study smart. Study in small blocks of time in an area free of distractions. And never study in front of the TV.
- Get organized. Set a study schedule and stick to it. And keep all your materials and notes organized and tidy.
- Read effectively. Read things once through quickly and then again more slowly. This helps your brain break the information into smaller bites.
- Don’t study in bed. Or on the couch for that matter. Study at a desk or the kitchen table when you’re wide awake. You’ll learn better and won’t fall asleep.
- Write notes by hand. Actually writing things out helps you remember them better than copying and pasting or even typing. It’s more interactive and helps you think about the information.
With a little planning and work, online classes can be a great way for busy people to get an education. You can do this!