10 Questions NOT to Ask in an Interview
Posted May 29, 2013on:
You often hear about good questions to ask during an interview. But what about those things you shouldn’t ask? Here are 10 questions from Forbes.com that could hurt your chances.
- Don’t ask questions you could have answered with a Google search.
- Never ask to change job details, schedule or salary.
- Don’t ask about gossip you heard.
- Avoid too many questions about the interviewer’s background.
- Don’t as about pay, time off and benefits. Save that for after they make an offer.
- “Do you do background checks?” (You’ll look like you have something to hide).
- “What does your company do?” (See question No. 1 above.)
- “How quickly can I be promoted?”
- “How soon can I apply for other positions in the company?”
- “Do you monitor email or Internet history?”