Posts Tagged ‘budget tips’
1. Be wary of opening too many credit cards.
2. Use apps like Mint.com and You Need a Budget to track your spending habits.
3. If you have student loans, make sure you understand all the terms of the loan, including how much you owe and when.
4. Pay your bills on time to avoid incurring any penalties.
5. Set your priorities of what are necessities and what are luxuries.
6. Meet with your Everest student finance planner to help set a budget.
While amusement parks and other outings may be tempting, they can be expensive. Here are some easy things to do that won’t break the bank.
- Go to the park. Parks are a wonderful resource and kids love them. Bring a picnic and make an afternoon of it.
- Outdoor theater. Look for outdoor theater and movie events in your area. Many are free and can be a blast for families.
- Your local library. Don’t forget that your library will typically have summer reading events, movies and other things built just for kids.
- Museum free-admission day. Many museums offer a free-admission day. Check your local museums.
- Make a movie night at home. Pop your own popcorn, make some yummy snacks and settle in for a family-friendly flick. Kids love the special time, and it’s practically free!
Summer fun doesn’t have to be expensive. Like they say, the best things in life are free.