Posts Tagged ‘life skills’
Your quality of sleep has a bigger impact than you may suspect. Sleep and success go hand in hand. Without enough sleep, you’re working harder but don’t do as well. Here are some ways to sleep better:
1. Take advantage of naps. If you find an unexpected break during your day, make it nap time!
2. Medicine is rarely required to improve sleep. Instead, try relaxation techniques before getting into bed.
3. Avoid caffeine in the afternoons or evenings. This can stay in your system longer than expected and make it harder to relax.
4. Separate your study space from your sleeping space. Don’t study in your bed.
5. Avoid using backlit devices, such as computers or television, right before bedtime. These devices stimulate the mind and irritate the eye.
While most of us look forward to the holidays, all that fun can come with a price: mental stress and physical tension. Keep these simple tips in mind to make your holidays as joyful as they’re supposed to be.
- Talk to friends and vent. Don’t hold it all in.
- Don’t over-commit. Feel free to say no to parties, or only go for a little while.
- Get enough sleep so you’re more energized.
- Take time to watch your favorite holiday shows and movies. Share you favorites with your kids or a friend.
- Gift yourself something like a pedicure, or to keep it cheap but fun, and do it at home with a friend.
- Share with others by taking cookies to neighbors or volunteering at a food bank.
- Stay organized with lists or a calendar.
- Plan before you shop to avoid impulse purchases.
- Remember old traditions, but be open to new ones.
- Treat yourself to a hot chocolate and a few minutes to sit and enjoy it, away from holiday crowds or sometimes-demanding family.
Keep these “stay sane” tips in mind, and enjoy your holidays!