Posts Tagged ‘life tips’
Your quality of sleep has a bigger impact than you may suspect. Sleep and success go hand in hand. Without enough sleep, you’re working harder but don’t do as well. Here are some ways to sleep better:
1. Take advantage of naps. If you find an unexpected break during your day, make it nap time!
2. Medicine is rarely required to improve sleep. Instead, try relaxation techniques before getting into bed.
3. Avoid caffeine in the afternoons or evenings. This can stay in your system longer than expected and make it harder to relax.
4. Separate your study space from your sleeping space. Don’t study in your bed.
5. Avoid using backlit devices, such as computers or television, right before bedtime. These devices stimulate the mind and irritate the eye.
Staying organized isn’t just about clutter. It can also help you better manage your life, helping you keep track of appointments and feel less stressed. Here are some simple tips to help you get organized.
- Take inventory. Go through your coat closet, desk or dresser and pull out anything you haven’t used or worn in the past year. Then donate it or give it to a friend.
- Get a new calendar. Hang it on the wall or carry it with you and use it to keep track of appointments, kids’ activities, and important dates like birthdays.
- Toss junk mail. Rather than lay the pile of mail on the counter and pull out the important stuff, pull out the bills and things first and put the rest directly into the recycling bin.
- Make a budget. Make a list of everything you spend money on and look for things you can live without. You might be surprised at how little you really need.
- Make a list of goals. Make a list of the things you want to get done and keep it with you. Then check things off as you do them. You’ll not only remember to do things, but you’ll feel good about your accomplishments!
With a little help, you can start 2013 on the right foot!