Posts Tagged ‘studying’
Studying is an essential part to college success. Try some of these study hacks to take your study skills to the next level:
- Walk before an exam. Studies have shown that about 20 minutes of exercise before an exam can improve performance.
- Teach what you have learned. This will test if you truly understand the material.
- Drawing diagrams can help you visualize concepts that would be hard to describe.
- If typing your notes, Times New Roman is the fastest font to read.
- You’re 50% more likely to remember something if you speak it out loud instead of simply reading it over and over.
- Avoid distractions by blocking certain websites for a set amount of time. Apps like SelfControl (http://selfcontrolapp.com/) can help you stay focused.
- Try to engage all your senses (sight, smell, taste, touch and sound) while studying. The more senses you engage, the more likely you are to remember.
- Form a study group
- Reward yourself with a treat for a job well done.